"Task: Backup and Restore", or just "Task:BAR" for short, is an easy to use
backup and recovery solution built for the typical home user. Now you do not
need a tape backup device for making professional backups of your valuable data.
With today's low prices for harddisk storage capacity, a cheap, fast and
efficient way to do backups is to use an external harddisk connected via USB,
USB2 or Firewire. "Task:BAR" was built especially for the demands of this backup
- Select as many folders you want to backup as you like.
- Backup size can be minimized by setting filter, e.g. exclude files with
certain extensions from backup.
- Full and incremental backup.
- Backups are ZIP compressed to save space.
- Restore everything or just a partcular file.
- Keep all previous versions of a file, so you can easily restore one
particular version of a file.
- Integration into windows explorer, backup and restore files and
directories with a simple mouseclick from the context menu.
- Optionally strong encryption using a 256 bit AES key.
- Full support for EFS encrypted files, NTFS security and NTFS alternate
Also have a look on the project page of
Task:BAR on sourceforge.net !
|2008-04-05: New version
Niew in this version:
- Exception catched if a backup path does no longer exist.
- Exception catched if archive flag cannot be reset.
- Error message if access to a directory is denied.
- Catalog is saved after each backup.
- A transaction logfile (*.btl) is written with each backup. With this logfile the whole backup can now be undone: Menu "Backup", "Undo backup...".
- If a backup is cancelled it is automatically rolled back, which means that the archive bits of all affected files are restored to their original state.
- Sources moved to VisualStudio 2008.
- Moved to latest SharpZipLib 0.85.4.369.
- Tested under Windows Vista.
Changes in 0.0.6:
- Backup and restore of EFS encrypted files without decrypting them.
- Backup and restore of the NTFS access control list (ACL).
- Backup and restore of NTFS alternate data streams.
- Backup of files with no read access will no longer throw an exception but
show a warning.
- Single files can be selected for backup in addition to folders.
- Automatically verify the integrity of created backup archives.
- Manually verify all archives on the backup media.
- Optionally write a logfile of all backed up and restored files (see
"General Settings" dialog).
- Icons in tree view indicate if the file or folder is still existing on the
- Any version of a backed up file can be opened with it's associated
application directly from the archive (see context menu).
Changes in 0.0.5:
- Directory attributes can now also be backed up.
- Bugfix if an archive exceeds a size of 2GB
Changes in the last mayor release (0.0.4):
- Encrytion finally working!
- Per default files are restored with their original date. This behaviour
can be configured in the "General settings" dialog.
- File attributes are now also backed up and restored.
- Bugfix: On a full backup of multiple paths with empty catalog the tree was
- New menu icons.
Download the lates version from sourceforge.net.
2008 by deceed